Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
A Mexican-fast-food-inspired tortilla dish using what I have access to in local general-purpose grocery stores in New England circa 2015.
- one flour tortilla
- refried beans, preferably a brand with a smooth consistency containing no whole beans
- shredded "Mexican" cheese mixture
- chopped Poblano pepper
- chopped small tomato
- chopped ½ ripe avocado
- chili powder
- lime juice
- sour cream
- Rinse a baking sheet with clean water, leaving damp, and spray lightly with oil
- Using a spatula or large knife coat one side of the tortilla with a thin, even coating of refried beans
- Place tortilla on the damp, oiled baking sheet
- Sprinkle shredded cheese thickly over tortilla; the refried bean and cheese should cover the tortilla completely so that none of it is exposed
- Bake tortilla under a broiler for 3-4 minutes or in a preheated 365° oven for 10 minutes; the cheese should thoroughly melt and barely start browning and the tortilla should become hydrated and elastic
- Mix together chopped vegetables, season with salt, chili powder, and lime juice, and toss in a small bowl
- Pile vegetable mix on tortilla, add a line of sour cream, and roll up for easy handling