Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mclean Estate in Irving, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 vanilla
- 1 cup cooked mashed yams
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream shortening, eggs and vanilla then add yams and mix well then stir in dry ingredients and raisins.
- Mix well then drop by rounded spoonfuls on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool a few minutes on cookie sheet then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.