Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Salad Ingredient Edit
- Chinese lettuce (or other broad leafed veggie) to form a base for the salad bowl.
- cup of onion, sliced
- cup of tomato wedges
- cup of cucumber, sliced
- cup prik chi fa (Thai jalapenos), julienned
- cup of broccoli florets, blanched
- cup of bean sprouts
Dressing Ingredients Edit
- cup of lime juice
- cup of peanuts
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or nam makham piag (tamarind juice)
- 2 tablespoons nam tan paep (palm sugar)
- 1 tablespoon prik ki nu daeng haeng (dried red chilis), ground
- 1 tablespoon khao koor (toasted rice)
- Line a serving bowl with the lettuce leaves, then toss the other ingredients and place on the lettuce, garnish with cilantro/coriander leaves, lime leaves, thinly sliced shallots, and julienned spring onions.
- In a dry skillet or wok, toast the peanuts until light golden brown, allow to cool and crumble (a few sharp blows with the flat of a cleaver should suffice, and avoid turning them into peanut butter, as the use of a food processor is inclined to).
- Toast 2 tablespoons of uncooked long-grain rice (either white or brown, to taste), and then when cool, grind to a coarse powder (khao koor).
- Combine the ingredients to form the dressing, and place in a small bowl.