Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Japanese grilled eggplant
- Bring seasoning ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan and let cool.
- Bring sauce to a boil in a small saucepan and let cool.
- Grill eggplants whole on a wire rack on grill until they are soft and feel tender.
- Test with your finger or a toothpick to see how soft it is.
- Place in cold water to cool; then peel and pat dry.
- Put eggplant in seasoning liquid; allow to sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove eggplant and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place eggplant into serving dish; top with some sauce and a few bonito flakes; serve at room temperature or chilled.