Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 48 oz potatoes, peeled, washed, cubed
- 20 oz Lamb stew meat, cubed
- 1 head garlic, peeled, crushed with a dash of salt
- 2 1/4 tbsp shortening or butter
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped fresh coriander
- 3/4 tbls salt (optional)
- a dash of ground allspice and black pepper
- 6 cups water
Fry Potato cubes in hot oil over medium heat till golden. Remove and drain on absorbent paper. Fry meat with 2 tbls of butter. Place meat in a pot. Add water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover. Reduce heat to low, remove scum when necessary. Cook for 2 hours till meat is tender. Fry coriander and garlic with remaining butter over low heat. Stir till fragrant for about 2 minutes. Add fried potatoes, salt, allspice and pepper to meat and stock. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat. Cover. Cook for 15 minutes. Lower heat. Add coriander and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes. Serve hot with cooked rice.