Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 32 oz spinach, washed, stalks removed, roughly chopped
- 8 oz lean lamb or beef, minced or cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp shortening or butter
- 1 tbsp salt (optional)
- a dash of ground allspice
- ¼ cup fried pine nuts
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed with a dash of salt
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 liter water
- Boil water in a pot.
- Add chopped spinach.
- Bring to a boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove and wash well. Drain. Put aside.
- Sauté onion with shortening or butter over moderate heat until transparent.
- Stir in meat, salt and allspice until tender.
- Stir in garlic then add coriander and spinach. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Cook over moderate heat for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Garnish with pine nuts.
- Serve accompanied with cooked rice.