Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Scrub tongue well, put in a pot of cold water (1 – 1½ or 1½ quarts), and simmer gently.
- To improve taste and aroma, peel and add carrots, onions, garlic, and seasonings.
- When done, remove from broth and place tongue in cold to skin it more easily.
- Cut cleaned tongue diagonally into very thin slices.
- Serve before completely cool and garnish with greens.
- Can be served with cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, and other fresh and pickled vegetables.