Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Barger Estate in Mckinney, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ stick margarine
- ½ cup oil
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 2 fresh jalapenos seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large carrots diced
- 6 ribs celery diced
- 1 pound boned diced raw chicken
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3 teaspoons Tabasco
- ½ cup flour
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 4 cans chicken broth
- corn tortillas cut in strips or squares
- Heat margarine and oil in a large kettle then sauté onion, jalapenos,garlic, carrots, celery and chicken then simmer 10 minutes.
- Add and combine cumin, chili powder, salt, lemon pepper, tabasco and flour then stir in tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Simmer one hour then drop tortilla strips into hot oil and fry until crisp and drain.
- Place strips in bottom of soup bowls and spoon in soup.