Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cabrera Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 cups cake flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups seedless blackberry jam
Caramel Frosting Edit
- Stir together flour, salt and spices.
- Cream butter and sugar together well then add in the sifted flour mix and blend well.
- Stir the soda into the buttermilk and add into the mixture and stir again.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each then add the jam and mix in thoroughly.
- Bake in three greased and floured cake pans for 30 minutes.
- When cool frost in between layers and sides and top of cake.
- To make frosting boil brown sugar, sugar and milk until syrup forms a soft ball in cold water then add butter and cool to lukewarm.
- Beat until thick and creamy.