- 2 Chicken carcasses
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into large dice
- 1 celery stalk, cut into large dice
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 quart water to cover
- Have butcher cut carcasses into small pieces or use a cleaver to do so at home.
- Keep refrigerated until used.
- Bring a large sauce pot to medium heat and add oil.
- Add onions, carrots, andcelery and sauté for 5 minutes or until onions are transparent.
- Add Chicken carcasses, thyme, parsley, bay leaf, peppercorns, and water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer about 1 hour, skimming surface as necessary. Remove pan from heat.
- Place a strainer in an empty container to hold a large amount of liquid.
- Pour mixture into strainer and strain. Skim off any surface fat.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.