Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 90 grams butter
- ¼ cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- ¼ cup self-rising flour
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 30 grams dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon gelatine
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup castor sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 cup milk -- extra
- 3 eggs -- separated
- 60 grams dark chocolate -- melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup castor sugar -- extra
- Cream butter and Sugar in a small bowl with electric mixer until just combined, add egg, beat until just combined, stir in sifted flours in 2 batches.
- Turn dough onto floured surface, knead gently until smooth; cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll pastry on floured surface large enough to fit 23 cm pie plate.
- Place pastry in plate, trim edge, prick pastry all over with fork.
- Bake in moderately hot oven about 15 minutes or until browned; cool.
- Spread chocolate custard into pastry case; refrigerate until firm.
- Spread vanilla custard into pastry case; refrigerate until firm.
- Spread whipped cream over custard, sprinkle with extra chocolate.
- Filling; Sprinkle gelatine over milk in cup.
- Blend Sugar and cornflour with extra milk in pan, stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens; remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in egg yolks, then gelatine mixture; stir until smooth.
- Divide custard in 2 bowls. Stir chocolate into one bowl. Cover both bowls, cool to room temperature.
- Stir essence into plain custard. Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form, gradually add extra Sugar; beat until dissolved between additions.
- Fold egg white mixture into vanilla custard in 2 batches.
- Spread mixture over chocolate custard; refrigerate until firm