Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Because of conventional meal times in Israel (main meal between 12:00 and 2:00 pm; supper at 7:00 pm), many Israelis have coffee or tea with cake between 4:00 and 5:00 pm. It is not considered proper in Israel to offer someone coffee or tea without cake. This is one of the most popular cakes in Israel.
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups sifted cake flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- confectioner's sugar
- Cream shortening and beat in sugar.
- Add one yolk at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder and add to batter, alternating with milk.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Grease a 10 inch loaf pan and dust lightly with flour.
- Pour in batter.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool on a cake rack.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.