The won tons floating in the soup resemble tiny clouds; hence the name won ton, which means "swallowing a cloud."
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 18 – 24 won ton wrappers
- ½ pound boneless lean pork, chopped finely (ground pork)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- a few drops sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sherry
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 green onion, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 dashes of white pepper
- water for boiling won tons
- 4½ – 5 cups chicken stock
- green onion, thinly sliced, as desired
- a few drops sesame oil (optional)
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a bowl, mixing well.
- Lay one won ton skin in front of you.
- Cover the remaining won ton skins with a damp towel to keep them from drying out.