Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Steak stew with rice
- 2 pounds sirloin steak or tenderized beef, cut in 12 pieces
- 4½ cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ cup peanut oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1½ - 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 cup rice
- Simmer steak in ½ cup of water to which 1 teaspoon salt has been added, until water is evaporated.
- Brown steak in ¼ cup hot oil.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Combine in saucepan 1 tomato, ½ of the chopped onion, 1 tablespoon tomato paste, crushed red pepper, remaining oil, and 2 cups of water.
- Simmer until water is almost evaporated.
- Add browned meat to tomato mixture and simmer gently until mixture is thick and all water evaporated.
- Cook rice in remaining water, to which 1 teaspoon of salt has been added, for 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining onion and tomato and remaining tomato paste to the rice.
- Cover saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes.