Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Low-carb doesn't have to mean low taste! Famous for his signature pizzas, Wolfgang Puck came up with a reduced-carb version of his pizza dough for the 'Cut the Carbs, Lose the Weight' series on Good Morning America.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Author: Wolfgang Puck, copyright 2004.
- Formatted by Chupa Babi in MC: 07.12.07
- Yield: Makes 4 x 8-inch pizzas
- ¼ ounce yeast
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and honey in ¼ cup of the warm water.
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the flour and the salt.
- Add the oil, yeast mixture, and the remaining ¾ cup of water and mix on low speed.
- Form dough into 2½ ounce balls.
- With a floured rolling pin, roll out the dough to form 8-inch rounds.
- After making the dough, you can add a variety of toppings, such as chicken, eggplant, shrimp, broccoli rabe, raw veggies, plus tomato sauce and some cheese.
- Cook in a hot oven, 500°F.