- Cooking oil or Crisco for deep fat frying simmer chicken in lightly salted water for 25 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Add 3" oil to the wok over medium high heat.
- Test wok for correct temperature with a cube of bread. It should brown in 60 seconds.
- Blend flour, baking powder, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Add beaten egg and beer.
- Stir until consistency of cream.
- Dip chicken into batter a few pieces at a time.
- Let excess batter drain.
- Cook chicken 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until nicely brown.
- Drain and keep warm.