Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- olive oil
- ⅔ cup chopped Bermuda onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup Wisconsin maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced or 1 tablespoon dried chives
- Stir-fry bacon in a large saucepan until extremely crisp.
- Remove bacon with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Pour all of bacon drippings into a glass measuring cup and if necessary, add olive oil to bring the level to ½ cup.
- Return to saucepan.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Remove pan from heat and pour in vinegar.
- Add maple syrup.
- Over low heat, blend mixture with wire whisk and heat until warm.
- Whisk in salt, mayonnaise and chives until smooth and blended.
- Remove from heat.
- This dressing is especially good over spinach or other green salads.