Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Taste of Home
- Makes 10 servings
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 can chicken broth (49.5 oz)
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ to 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 can whole kernel corn (15.25 oz) or 1½ cups frozen corn
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced and quartered
- In a large kettle, saute the onion and mushrooms in oil until tender.
- Add the broth, carrots, potato and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to pkg. directions.
- Add the pasta, corn and tomatoes to soup.
- Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through and the vegetables are tender.