Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gibson Estate in Quinlan, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup white onion chopped
- 2 cups potatoes peeled and diced
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 10 ounce package frozen peas
- 1½ cups ham chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- In a large saucepan melt butter then add onions, potatoes and water then cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes then stir in flour and slowly add milk and cook until thickened.
- Stir in peas, ham, marjoram, salt and pepper and cook until peas are tender.
- Garnish with blue cheese.