In Romanian: Gogosi de vin
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- flour as needed to make a medium stiff dough
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Set the wine to boil with the butter.
- When it is boiling, set is aside from heat and gradually add flour, stirring continuously, until you get a medium stiff dough.
- Keep stirring until it starts to cool down.
- Gradually add 4 yolks and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- At the end add the whipped egg whites.
- Take teaspoonfuls of the batter and place in very hot oil or lard.
- When done, sprinkle confectioner's sugar on them.