Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Lilly at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Wilton candy thermometer package
- 36 pieces
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) half-and-half
- 2 cup (480 ml or 400 g) granulated sugar
- 2 (2 oz) square unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, cut in thin slices
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- Chop chocolate coarsely.
- Line a 6" (15.2 cm) sq pan with foil and light butter foil.
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla in 3-qt (3-liter) heavy saucepan.
- Place pan over med heat and stir constantly with wooden spoon until all sugar crystals are dissolved.
- Wash down sides of pan with pastry brush dipped in hot water,; then clip on thermometer.
- Stir occasionally.
- When temp reaches 236°F (113°F), immediately remove pan from heat.
- Leave thermometer in position.
- Total cooking time is about 18 minutes.
- Place vanilla on surface of mixture.
- Do not stir or move pan until thermometer registers 110°F (43°F), about 30 minutes.
- Beat mixture vigorously with wooden spoon until it loses some of its gloss, turns a lighter color and thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Turn into prepared pan and press lightly with spoon to level surface.
- Do not scrape pan.
- Cool at room temp about 40 minutes; then cut in 1" (2.5 cm) square, or wrap uncut candy closely in foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 1 month.