Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes (inc rice cooking time)
Winter comfort food of whole grain rice, chard, beef & yogurt
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 pound ground sirloin, browned
- 1 large shallot, small diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pkg swiss chard, cleaned & chopped
- 1 pkg grape tomatoes, halved (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- plain yogurt, for serving
- Cook rice per package instructions, set aside
- brown sirloin, remove from pan & remove all fat, except 1 tablespoon
- add diced shallot & 1 clove garlic, saute until opaque
- add swiss chard, cover & let steam 1-2 minutes
- add browned sirloin
- toss with grape tomatoes, if using.
- salt & pepper to taste.
- serve over cooked rice, topped with plain yogurt