Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 300 g wild rice, soaked for 2 hours
- 300 g brown rice, perhaps "Sunbrown Quick"
- 400 g brazil nuts
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 4 tbsp currants
- 1 x Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Toast the nuts in the oven at 190°C.
- For 10 minutes, or alternatively in the microwave on "high" until golden.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and salt generously.
- Add the wild rice and the brown rice to the boiling water and simmer until tender, about 15–20 minutes.
- Drain the rice and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the spinach to the hot rice and allow the heat of the rice to wilt the spinach.
- Add the spanish onion, currants, apple sticks, chopped nuts and herbs and mix well with the rice mixture.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together with a whisk until emulsified and pour over the rice, mixing well while the rice is still warm.
- Garnish with the large nuts and serve either warm or at room temperature.