Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Rodgers Estate in Greenville, Texas in 1994. Dated 1956.
- 2 Bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound ground Beef or venison
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4-teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 14-1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup each finely chopped celery, Onion and carrots
- 1/2 cups finely chopped green pepper
- 16 ounces can chili beans, undrained
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown Bacon and the beet or venison; drain.
- Add the seasonings; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, celery, Onion, carrots and green pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Stir in beans and cook 30 minutes longer.