Purchased from Rodgers Estate in Greenville, Texas in 1994. Dated 1956.
- 2 Bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound ground Beef or venison
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4-teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 14-1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup each finely chopped celery, Onion and carrots
- 1/2 cups finely chopped green pepper
- 16 ounces can chili beans, undrained
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown Bacon and the beet or venison; drain.
- Add the seasonings; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, celery, Onion, carrots and green pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Stir in beans and cook 30 minutes longer.