Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Thanks to its high oil content, wild salmon—the star of this delicious spread—boasts a rich, creamy flavor and numerous health benefits. If wild salmon is unavailable, you can substitute farm-raised salmon.
- ¼ pound skinless wild salmon fillet
- ½ cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 24 slices seedless cucumber, ¼ inch thick
- In a small saucepan, combine the wild salmon and water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until salmon is opaque throughout, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate, and let stand until cool.
- In a food processor, combine butter and smoked salmon; process until smooth.
- Flake wild salmon in a large bowl.
- Add the smoked salmon mixture, lemon peel, lemon juice, dill, chives and pepper.
- Stir well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a small bowl or two small ramekins.
- Cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove rillettes from refrigerator 1 hour before serving to soften.
- Serve spread with cucumber slices.