Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henry Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 cup wild rice washed soaked and drained
- 2 cups beef broth
- 10 ounce can mushroom bits and pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine rice and broth in saucepan then simmer covered until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed stirring occasionally.
- Sauté mushrooms and onion in butter in separate pan over low heat until lightly browned then combine cooked rice, vegetables and butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.