Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 12 muffins (1 per serving)
- Note: Wild rice adds crunchy texture and a nutritional boost to these hearty muffins.
- ½ cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Heat rice, water, and ½ teaspoon salt to boiling in small saucepan; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is tender, 45 to 50 mins. Drain, if necessary, and cool.
- Mix milk, margarine, egg, egg whites, and rice.
- Add combined all-purpose and whole wheat flour, baking powder, sugar and remaining ½ teaspoon salt, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees F until muffins are browned, 20 to 25 mins.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
Nutritional Information Edit
Per Serving (1 muffin):
- Cals: 136
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Chol: 18.1 g
- Sod: 494 mg
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Carb: 19.4 g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 Bread, 1/2 Fat