Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This soup goes well with a spinach salad and a loaf of crusty French bread. Garnish with 2 tbsp chopped parsley.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup sherry cooking wine
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup half and half
- Melt butter in saucepan, cook onion and mushrooms until tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and wine, cook until mixture comes to a boil, boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in rice, ham, carrots, simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in half and half, cook until thoroughly heated.
- Do not boil.