- ¼ cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 1 green onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts or any chopped nut
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- Cook the wild rice in the water until tender, about 1 hour.
- Add more water if needed.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion, garlic, nuts and thyme in the oil.
- Add the wild rice.
- Simmer for 10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Cool enough to stuff into quail or one Cornish hen (or serve with chicken).
Nutritional information Edit
½ recipe - 182 calories, 1 bread exchange, 2 fat 15 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams protein, 11 grams fat 138 mg sodium, 114 mg potassium, 0 cholesterol