This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 cups sliced wild mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package refrigerated French bread
- ¼ cup pesto sauce
- 3 ounces white cheddar cheese crumbled
- Sauté mushrooms and garlic with butter in large skillet until tender then season with salt and pepper.
- Shape dough into a round then press onto bottom and side of buttered quiche dish and spread with pesto.
- Sprinkle with half the cheese then top with mushrooms and add remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.