Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 8-12 rolls.
- 8 - 12 sheets filo dough
- 1 cup sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 cup sherry
- ½ cup brandy
- 4 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Worcestershire sauce
- soy sauce
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cream
- 9 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan and add the flour.
- Cook briefly and add the cream. Simmer on low heat to make a very thick sauce.
- In another saucepan, melt 2 more tablespoons butter and sauté the shallots. Cook until light brown, and add the mushrooms.
- Stir well and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Add the sherry, brandy, and some dashes (3-6) of Tabasco, (1-3) Worcestershire, (3-6) soy sauces.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons chopped parsley and cook until reduced by half.
- Stir in the cream sauce and cool.
- Melt the remaining butter. Lay out a sheet of filo and brush it quickly with butter.
- Fold in half (from left to right) and butter again.
- Lay a 1½ tablespoon bead of cream cheese on middle bottom of dough, then 3 times as much mushroom stuffing.
- Roll 1 turn, fold the ends (sides) In, and paint with butter.
- Roll up the rest of the way, and fold the corners in at the last turn.
- (1 Down, 7 to 11 to Go!) Rrepeat with remaining sheets.
- Place all the rolls on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 425 °F oven for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve warm, with sour cream or any sauce. (or combine 4 oz. brandy, 2 oz. port wine, and 2 tablespoons chopped shallots in a saucepan. bring to a boil and reduce by two thirds. Stir in 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. Keep warm over low heat and serve over the strudel.)