In Romanian: Friptura de gisca salbatica
- 1 wild goose
- 2 – 3 tablespoons lard
- 5 oz / 150 g bacon (for interlarding)
- 4 – 5 tablespoons wine
- Keep the wild goose in the marinade at least 12 hours.
- Then wash, dry, salt, interlard with pieces of bacon and set in a pan with lard.
- Fry on all sides, add 2 – 3 tablespoons of wine and let simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of wine every now and then and turn the roast.
- Then set the roast into the oven, uncovered, until done.
- Serve with beet or red cabbage salad.