Yield: Approximately 36 muffins
- 1 lb 2 oz (4½ cups) all-purpose flour
- 1¼ oz (3 tbsp.) baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 oz (¾ cup) brown sugar
- 6 oz (¾ cup) granulated sugar
- 2¼ cups low-fat buttermilk
- 12 oz (1½ cups) egg substitute
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1½ lbs (1 qt) wild blueberries
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- In bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt; reserve.
- In separate bowl whisk together sugars, buttermilk, egg substitute and oil.
- Add to flour mixture and mix just to blend.
- Fold in wild blueberries.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Scoop (.20) ¼-cup batter into each greased ⅓-cup muffin tin (36 total) and sprinkle each muffin with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Bake in 400°F conventional oven or 375°F convection oven 18–22 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Serve warm.
Nutritional information Edit
Calories per muffin: 144; Calories from fat: 30