Use in place of your favorite relish. It's perfect with pork roast, duck, venison, broiled meats such as chicken or beef, as an accompaniment to a festive Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, or as a topping for a turkey or chicken sandwich. Or it use as an appetizer by topping a small wheel of brie cheese with the chutney and serving it with crackers or bread.
- Yields about 1 cup (800 g)
- ½ cup (125 ml) raspberry vinegar
- ½ cup (100 g) sugar
- 1 medium onion, minced
- ¼ teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon rind
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups (450 g) wild blueberries
- ¼ cup (100 g) cranberries (dried)
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, onion, ginger, cinnamon, lemon, pepper, and salt in a sauce pan, bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add 1 cup (150 g) of wild blueberries, and the cranberries.
- Simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining 2 cups (300g) blueberries and simmer another 10 minutes.