Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Use in place of your favorite relish. It's perfect with pork roast, duck, venison, broiled meats such as chicken or beef, as an accompaniment to a festive Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, or as a topping for a turkey or chicken sandwich. Or it use as an appetizer by topping a small wheel of brie cheese with the chutney and serving it with crackers or bread.
- Yields about 1 cup (800 g)
- ½ cup (125 ml) raspberry vinegar
- ½ cup (100 g) sugar
- 1 medium onion, minced
- ¼ teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon rind
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups (450 g) wild blueberries
- ¼ cup (100 g) cranberries (dried)
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, onion, ginger, cinnamon, lemon, pepper, and salt in a sauce pan, bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add 1 cup (150 g) of wild blueberries, and the cranberries.
- Simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining 2 cups (300g) blueberries and simmer another 10 minutes.