Makes: 4 servings, about 1 cup each
- 1 cup thawed Cool Whip whipped topping
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) Jell-O brand X-Treme watermelon flavor gelatin
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 square Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- Mix whipped topping and food coloring; spoon evenly into 4 dessert dishes to resemble the rind of a watermelon.
- Place in freezer while preparing gelatin.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Add ice cubes.
- Stir 5 minutes or until gelatin is slightly thickened.
- Remove any unmelted ice.
- Spoon gelatin evenly over whipped topping.
- Insert chocolate pieces into gelatin to resemble watermelon seeds.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until gelatin is firm.