Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 pound fake chicken (such as chicken-style seitan), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 4 cups chopped napa cabbage (from 1 head)
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 cups un-chicken broth
- 1 x 14-ounce package fresh yakisoba noodles or Chinese pan-fry noodles
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Stir chicken, soy sauce, sherry, and 1 tablespoon sesame oil in medium bowl to blend.
- Let stand 20 minutes or refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- Whisk garlic, tahini, ginger, sugar, vinegar, and chili sauce in small bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add cabbage and green onions and sauté until cabbage is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to boil.
- Add chicken with marinade and tahini-garlic mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add to soup in pot.
- Stir in half of cilantro.
- Season soup with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.