In Romanian: Chec alb cu ulei
- 2 eggs
- 13 oz / 375 g flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil (or melted margarine)
- ¾ cup milk, a pinch of baking soda
- 5 oz / 150 g sliced walnuts
- 5 oz / 150 g colored rahat lokum cut in strips
- 2 oz / 50 g raisins
- butter to grease the pan
- Beat the eggs with the sugar, add the milk, then oil and mix well.
- Add the baking soda and the flour (gradually).
- Dredge the walnuts, rahat-lokum and Raisins through flour, shake and add to the mixture.
- Grease a bread pan, cover the bottom and sides with paper and slowly pour the batter in.
- Bake at low heat to start with, then at higher heat.
- Test with a wooden pick.
- The cake is tastier after 2 – 3 days.