Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Mason Estate in Fate, Texas in 1991.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 14 ounce can chicken broth divided
- 4 quarts water
- 13 ounce package uncooked whole wheat rotini
- cooking spray
- 1½ cups chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound hot turkey Italian sausage
- 8 ounces bagged pre-washed cut mustard greens
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ½ cup grated fresh pecorino romano cheese
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place ½ cup broth in a small saucepan over medium heat then simmer until reduced to 3 tablespoons.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine water and remaining broth in a large dutch oven then bring to a boil over high heat and stir in pasta.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes then drain well.
- Place pasta in a large bowl and keep warm.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion and cook 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Remove casings from sausage and ass sausage to pan.
- Cook 6 minutes stirring to crumble.
- Stir in greens and cook 2 minutes.
- Add reduced stock, half and half and cheese.
- Cook 4 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add sausage mixture to pasta and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately.