Purchased from the Zimmerman Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1989 – date on card says 1914
- 1-cup Wheat cooked until soft
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated potatoes
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1-cup sugar
- 1-cup flour
- 1-teaspoon baking soda
- 1-teaspoon cloves
- 1-teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix Wheat, carrots, potatoes, raisins, Sugar and flour together.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and put in a buttered dish.
- Place in a roasting pan that has about 2" water in it.
- Turn oven to 325 and steam for three hours.
- Serve with whipped cream.