- Dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sweetener in ½ cup warm water.
- Boil the peeled potato in 2 cups water with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Mash the potato in a medium bowl, while reserving the water.
- Combine the mashed potato, potato water, ⅓ cup of sweetener, oil, 1 tablespoon salt, and milk in a large bowl.
- Make sure the milk mixture is warm, and add the yeast.
- Stir in 15 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead for about 10 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, and turn to coat the surface.
- Cover with a damp cloth, and allow to rise until doubled.
- Rising time will be about 1½ hours.
- Punch down, and knead again for 3 minutes.
- Place back in bowl, and allow to rise again until doubled.
- The second rising period should be about 1 hour.
- Punch down.
- Form 4 loaves, and place into 9 x 5 inch greased bread pans.
- Let dough rise again for 30 - 60 minutes.
- Bake at 325 °F for 1 hour.