Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1¼ cup warm water
- Combine flours, nonfat dry milk powder, and baking powder in mixing bowl.
- Add vegetable oil and mix well with fingertips.
- Add water slowly to mixture using one hand for mixing to work into dough.
- Divide dough into 10 medium sized balls and lay out on a clean cloth. Roll out each ball until round, flat and thin. Cook on moderately hot griddle, turning each side until lightly browned.