- ⅓ cup rice flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup carob powder (unsweetened!)
- ¾ cup honey or maple syrup
- ⅓ cup oil
- ¼ cup apple juice (water can also be used)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup carob chips (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt and carob powder.
- Add in the honey, juice, oil and vanilla and stir just until combined. It's okay if there are some lumps!
- Spread into a lightly greased 8x8 inch pan. Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.