Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 12 x 4-inch pancakes
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup unbleached white flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk (1 cup lowfat milk + 1 tablespoon vinegar)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Stir together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat the egg, milk and oil together.
- Add the liquids to the flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Pour the batter onto a greased hot griddle.
- Serve with fresh fruit slices, unsweetened applesauce or low-calorie syrup.
Nutritional information Edit
Two pancakes = calories: 114 | carbohydrates: 18 | protein: 4 | fat: 3 | sodium: 246 | potassium: 1200 | cholesterol: 47 | exchange value: 1 bread exchange + ½ fat exchange