- Remove giblets and neck from turkey; reserve for gravy.
- Rinse turkey with cold running water and drain well.
- Blot dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper in the cavities of the bird.
- Fold neck skin and fasten to the back with skewers.
- Fold the wings under the back of the turkey.
- Return legs to tucked position.
- In large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, saute turkey sausage and onions 5 to 7 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink.
- In large bowl combine turkey sausage mixture, bread cubes, chestnuts, parsley, thyme, sage and pepper.
- Add turkey broth and stir to moisten.
- Lightly spoon stuffing into turkey or a (9-x 12-inch) baking pan, sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a large shallow (no more than 2½" deep) roasting pan.
- Insert an oven-safe thermometer into thickest part of the thigh, being careful it does not touch the bone.
- Roast turkey in a preheated 325°F oven about 3½ hours (total roasting time).
- Baste with the pan juices.
- During the last 30 minutes of roasting time, baste the bird with the raspberry glaze.
- Continue to roast until the thermometer registers 180°F in the thigh, 170°F in the breast and 165°F in the stuffing.
- Remove turkey from the oven and allow the bird to rest for 15–20 minutes before carving.
- Place on a warm large platter and garnish with green and red grapes.
- Serve with cranberry chutney and peach chutney.
- Don't eat it though because it tastes dreadful.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.