- Bone the chicken except for the legs, using a very sharp paring knife.
- Cut along the back bone of the chicken.
- Very carefully cut the meat away from the bones in a downwards motion.
- Clean and season the chicken.
- Prepare the stuffing: in a bowl, mix well ground meat, sausage cut in fine pieces, eggs, cheese, bread slices (with all the milk squeezed out), salt, pepper and other spices (onion, garlic, thyme, parsley, etc. ) cut tongue and ham into strips.
- Open the chicken and layer it with half of the stuffing, half of the tongue and ham strips, half of the pistachios; then repeat it once more.
- Close the chicken; before sewing it up, enclose the skin from the neck inside the chicken.
- Sew up the back and front of the chicken.
- Sauté chicken in butter in a frying pan until golden.
- Next flame the chicken by pouring brandy into a ladle and igniting it.
- Pour flaming brandy over the chicken.
- Alcohol will burn off without flavoring the meat.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and bake in 350°F oven for 1½ to 2 hours, basting often.
- When chicken is done, take it out of the oven and let it stand at room temperature, still in the pan, for about 10 minutes before un-sewing it.
- Slice and serve with vegetables of your choice.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.