Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Total time: 45 min | Preparation time: 15 min
- Servings per Recipe: 4
- 2 packages (10-ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 pound whitefish fillets, about ½ inch thick
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Thaw spinach.
- Squeeze to drain.
- Spread spinach evenly in ungreased 11 x 7 inch pan.
- Blend in blender or food processor red pepper, basil, and milk.
- Spread half of pepper mixture over spinach.
- Arrange fillets next in pan.
- Top with remaining pepper mixture.
- Cover and bake at 400°F for 25 to 30 minutes, until fish flakes easily with fork.
Nutrition information Edit
- Calories 200 | Calories from Fat 31 | Total Fat 7g | Cholesterol 68mg | Sodium 404mg | Carbohydrate 6g | Dietary Fiber 4g | Protein 26g
- Exchange 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
- Carbohydrate Units 0