Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Milk, Nonfat, Dry Non-Instant by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
White Sauce mix
- In a large bowl, cut butter into flour with two knives or a pastry blender until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Place in an airtight container and label: “White Sauce mix”.
- Store in refrigerator. Use within 2 months.
Basic medium white sauce
- Combine in a saucepan: ½ cup white sauce mix and 1 cup cool water. (For thinner white sauce decrease the mix to ¼ cup, for thicker white sauce increase mix to ¾ cup).
- Cook over low heat until smooth, stirring constantly. Makes about 1½ cups sauce.