Tested February 1994 with ½ tsp liquid SugarTwin and whole cloves.
- 1 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1⅔ cup unsweetened white grape juice
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 allspice berries or cloves
- 2 tsp artificial sweetener
- Sprinkle gelatin over ¼ cup grape juice.
- Combine remaining grape juice, lemon juice and allspice berries or whole cloves in a medium saucepan.
- Boil vigorously about 7 minutes to reduce to ¾ cup.
- (test batch took about 15 minutes in a small pot).
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sweetener and softened gelatin until it dissolves.
- Discard allspice berries or cloves.
- Pour into a sterilized jar.
- Cover tightly.
- Store in refrigerator.
Nutritional information Edit
2 tsp serving = 12 calories, 3 grams carbohydrate, 1++ extra