Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From my Aunt Maggie's collection. This one has been around for as long as I can remember. She made this for me when I was very young, so I know it's been around at least since the early 60s. Tried and True. I make it for my cookie exchange I host every year at Christmas.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 2¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup candied cherry, chopped
- Combine sugar, butter, milk, sour cream, salt and syrup in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat and let set about an hour.
- Add vanilla and beat until candy loses its gloss and holds its shape.
- Stir in nuts and cherries and pour into a greased, square pan.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.