From my Aunt Maggie's collection. This one has been around for as long as I can remember. She made this for me when I was very young, so I know it's been around at least since the early 60s. Tried and True. I make it for my cookie exchange I host every year at Christmas.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 2¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup candied cherry, chopped
- Combine sugar, butter, milk, sour cream, salt and syrup in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Remove from heat and let set about an hour.
- Add vanilla and beat until candy loses its gloss and holds its shape.
- Stir in nuts and cherries and pour into a greased, square pan.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.