Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1/2 Teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Teaspoon English mustard powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon white pepper
- 300 ml double cream (1/2 pint)
- 8 x 5 cm puff pastry triangles, baked & reheated
- 4 x 150 Gram Chicken breasts, boned & skinned (5 oz)
- If using Chicken breasts, lay them on a large buttered sheet of foil, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and fold the foil over to make a closed parcel.
- Lay on a baking sheet and bake at 180 °C / 350 °F / Gas 4 for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool and remove from the foil.
- If using Haddock fillets, poach in boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Lightly butter a small, shallow, ovenproof dish and lay the Chicken breasts or Haddock fillets in it.
- Mix the turmeric, cayenne pepper, mustard, salt and pepper into the cream and beat just until it begins to thicken.
- Pour the Devil sauce over the Chicken or and put into the oven at 200 °C / 400 °F / Gas 6 for 8-20 minutes, or until it just begins to brown.
- Do not allow it to boil.
- Serve with the puff pastry triangles arranged around the dish.
- You can use fillets of smoked Haddock (skin removed) instead of the Chicken.